Cupple in SXSW…Day 1 & a bit.
So much to cover in the blog post that I’ve been promising myself I would write for the last 12 hours. Here are a few bullets of the XP so far:
- Flight was 10 hours in total and Cpt said it was the worst winds he’d seen over the Atlantic in 18 years. Get the picture?
- Travelled by Greyhound from DFW to Austin, it was cheap and totally fine to travel on. $40. 3 hours.
- The queue to register took me an hour at 11am on the Friday AM. 2 hours after this the queue was 3/4x the length. Get in early.
- You will be overwhelmed by the size and the atmosphere (in a good way - but it does take a day to adjust)
- I forgot my Mac charger. Mistake. I asked someone in the corridor to borrow theirs and sat with them talking for an hour; they were Shopify.
- It’s raining a lot.
- I spoke to Ev Cohen from Foursquare and he gave me 2 names for people in marketing I should speak to about Cupple.
- Eric Ries is a very competent public speaker.
- Have an early night on the first night. So, so glad I went to bed last night.
- This is the single best ‘conference experience’ I’ve ever been to.
- Talk to people.
- Get your new website up just in time www.cupple.mobi
- Don’t spend all the time on your laptop writing blog posts…
Speak soon, Tim.